Sunday, February 1, 2009

What To Do??

What to do when your child wakes up at 11:30pm and won't go back to bed??

No fever - check

Not sick - check

No dirty diaper - check

Rocked in the rocking chair - check

Walked around the house - check

Drink of water - check

Music - check

Pillow - check

Nothing of the above worked, so we TRIED to let her cry it out in the crib.....which makes me feel so BAD, but I don't know what else we could do. She went to sleep after 15 minutes and slept for 30 minutes and then woke up again....UGH

I ended up getting her to fall asleep on the living room floor with her blanket and pillow....and I dared not move her for the risk she may wake up.....so momma slept on the couch, so I would be near her in case she woke up again, but it was more comfortable than the floor. She ended up sleeping all night after that until a little after 7am....

I would love to know what goes on in her mind at night in order to keep her from being able to sleep.

2 comments:

Newby said...

Oh, yuck. Sounds like you did everything you could. Those nights just happen every now and then. Hopefully she's not getting an earache or sick.

Susana said...

We go through this too, with my nieces and even the adults with our aging health....you did all the right things. After going down the list, and she is still not sleeping, I know sleeping in the living room seemed weird, but it worked. Sometimes, trying new things works. And they are not always what we expect, or what they seem. Take it from someone who has been, and will be down the road of sleepless nights for life....it will get better.